hot dogs with sweet chilli onions
Delicious recipe for gluten free hot dogs, the mix of sweet and spicy flavours makes these the perfect finger food with a difference!
Suitable for people diagnosed with coeliac disease, those who are suffering from a gluten and wheat allergy or intolerance.
- Serves: 2
- Preparation time: 14 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 2 DS-gluten free lunch rolls , refresh and cut in half lengthwise
- 4 gluten free Sausages,
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup, or honey
- 2 tsp Olive Oil,
- 1 Red Onion, medium, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp Sweet Chilli Dipping Sauce, gluten free
method1. Brush the sausages with the maple syrup and place under a preheated grill for 12 – 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
2. Meanwhile make the sweet chilli onions: Melt the oil in a medium frying pan over a moderate heat, add the sliced onion and cook for 10 minutes until softened.
3. Stir through the sweet chilli sauce and heat for a further minute.
4. Slice the cooked sausages diagonally into 2, place in the rolls and drizzle over the sweet chilli onions to serve.
Download recipe in Adobe PDF format