Please note! We now have NEW frozen ready made Sausage Rolls.
Please ensure you use Gluten-free sausages, DS-gluten free use Debbie & Andrew's Harrogate variety which are available through most Supermarkets.
This recipe is suitable for people diagnosed with coeliac disease, those who are suffering from a gluten and wheat allergy or intolerance.
- Serves: 12 medium or 18 mini sausage rolls
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 25-30minutes
- Oven temperature: 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5
- 1 x 200g DS-gluten free shortcrust pastry , defrosted
- 1 Egg, small, beaten
- 400g Sausages, (approx. 6), gluten-free, skins removed
method1. Place block of pastry onto a surface dusted with White Mix & knead for 1 minute.
2. Roll out the pastry to approximately 22cm x 35cm (8 ½” x 14”), divide into 3 equal sections horizontally.
3. Place a couple of the sausages just off centre along the width of the pastry, brush the edge with beaten egg and carefully fold over the pastry, repeat with the other 2 sections.
4. Cut each long strip into 4 or 6 sausages rolls depending on size required, with the back of the knife crimp the edge.
5. Place on a baking sheet and brush with beaten egg, cut 2 or 3 little snicks at the top of each sausage roll for decoration.
6. Place in the oven and cook for 25 – 30 minutes, remove to a cooling rack after 5 minutes.